This page gives an overview of the mRNA technology transfer hub programme, a global initiative to develop mRNA manufacturing capabilities in low- and middle-income countries.
Source: HJI (from MPP presentation)
- The mRNA Vaccine Technology Transfer Hub, WHO: https://www.who.int/initiatives/the-mrna-vaccine-technology-transfer-hub
- mRNA Technology Transfer Hub Programme, Medicines Patent Pool: https://medicinespatentpool.org/covid-19/mrna-technology-transfer-hub-programme
- Recipients of mRNA Technology from the mRNA Technology Transfer Hub, WHO: https://www.who.int/initiatives/the-mrna-vaccine-technology-transfer-hub/recipients-of-mrna-technology-from-the-who-mrna-technology-transfer-hub
- mRNA Technology Transfer Spoke Agreement Template, Medicines Patent Pool: https://medicinespatentpool.org/covid-19/mrna-technology-transfer-hub-programme/agreements#pills-Spoke-Agreements
9 March 2023: Justice is Global activists confront pharma CEO, from The People’s Vaccine
5 October 2022: ‘Like copying a Louis Vuitton handbag’: big pharma hits out at Africa’s replica Covid vaccine. The Guardian. Author: Sarah Johnson.
- 13 July 2022: The radical plan for vaccine equity. Nature. Author: Amy Maxmen.
- 15 March 2022: Will ‘open-source’ vaccines narrow the inequality gap exposed by Covid? Financial Times. Authors: Donato Paolo Mancini, Jamie Smyth and Joseph Cotterill.
- 16 March 2017: Brazilian legend Celso Amorim recounts negotiation for TRIPS flexibilities. The South Centre. Author: William New.
mRNA brochure: https://docs.medicinespatentpool.org/dl/llfsBMPRhu
Medicine patent Pool (MPP) mRNA HUB CSO FORUM: 2022 – 2023 (PPT presentations)